Tuesday, July 21, 2009


well, tuesdays and thursdays are generally my day in the kitchen. i guess that's why they are my favorite days of the week. this week's challenge: a three dimensional soccer ball to put on a sheet cake. mission accomplished. thanks to publisher and my awesome hubby i was able to print out the hexagon and pentagon shapes needed to make a realistic soccer ball. i rolled out the white fondant and drew on the black pentagons. i used a toothpick to make the indentations on the white hexagons so that you could see each one. perfect if i do say so myself. hopefully matthew will think so too when he sees his cake on sunday!

i also did a ton of cleaning today, which is pretty much every day. i keep saying i need a maid. but then it dawns on me that i am the maid. oh well. i know that one day it will be just donald and i. and i will still be the maid. i am the only neat freak in my family. but today's payment was a sweet little ethan toddling up to me with that charming grin on his face to tell me, "i la chou mama" (i love you, mama). i felt like george banks in father of the bride. except that instead of reflecting back on my child at age six, though they are twenty something and getting married, i am savoring every moment of my child at their current age. because i know it won't be like this for long. and i know i'm gonna miss this. and i am going to look back with fond memories and not regrets.

ok, the cleaner is on. and i'm starting to like that show. good night my family and friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment