Saturday, July 11, 2009

this weekend i went on an overnight planning retreat for mops (mother's of preschoolers). those who know me well know that i do not like to spend the night away from home. i never have. on the rare occasion that i spent the night at a friend's house i would awaken at 6am (if i slept at all) and call my mother to come get me. i just do not like to be away from my home at night, but i spent the night anyway. and i had a blessed time. i would've missed out on some middle of the night (or early morning) bonding with some dear friends had i gone home. i'm so glad that i stayed.

this weekend i saw the question: "what's your favorite thing to do with your kids?". i didn't get to answer the question at the time, but would like to answer it now. my favorite thing to do with my kids is put on a concert. anyone who has spent more than a few minutes around either of my children know they both LOVE music. and yes, this is something that they get from their mother. at least one night a week is spent watching videos on demand or listening to songs that we've purchased and downloaded on the computer. sarah puts on a show, many times with multiple costume changes, most often using the coffee table as her stage. and ethan will not be out done by his sister. he may not be able to change his clothes yet, but there is no way she comes close to out-dancing him. the singing is pretty equal: loud, off key and sometimes unintelligible. but that's part of what makes it so fun. because then i don't have to be on key or know every word. but giggles and smiles abound and fun is had by all, thus making it my favorite thing to do with my children.

nothing is baking in the kitchen tonight. staying up until past 4am with friends has made me too tired to cook. but my heart is nourished with sweet fellowship and my mind is renewed and focused on God. and that, my friends, is why my life takes the cake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment