Saturday, June 4, 2011

We finally made it! We are finally in Texas. Our vacation got off to a rocky start with a 3 hour delay, but once we got on the road we made pretty good time. And as anticipated, there was much laughter with my family at my sister's house. I enjoyed watching the children do Dance Central and even gave it a try myself. Of course I was told I was in the way and that I needed to move. You gotta love 10 year old nephews! (I really do love you Logan!!) But the best part of spending time with my sister is the ability to let go of it all and just laugh.

Today was mostly spent in the car. We left around 10am and we arrived in Texas at 6pm. Texas is crazy big. I feel for my little ones. We have been talking about Sea World and the fun things we are going to do but neglecting to drive home the point that Daddy has an interview/get to know you weekend before we do those other activities. As we were driving into the hotel parking lot Donald said, "We're here". Ethan excitedly responded, "At Sea World?". His disappointment quickly faded when we reached our room and DJ took the suitcases off of the Bellman's cart. Ethan seized the opportunity to jump on and make it his personal playground. It wasn't long before his sister got in on the fun too. I watched with pleasure as they took a simple, functional object and turned it into one of the greatest toys ever. At some point during their play Sarah looked over at me and said, "This day is the best day of vacation yet!". The best day indeed Sarah. The best day indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment