Wednesday, May 13, 2009

two years ago today i was laying in the hospital bed in tears with discouragement weighing heavily on my heart. for weeks i had been in the most intense pain of my life. on my hardest, most painful days, i would lay in bed singing to my Lord through my pain. often my words were muffled by my clenched jaw, barely audible through whispered tears, and sometimes overwhelming unintelligible through my sobs. but the song, from my heart, remained the same. here are the words that got me through the hardest time of my life:

praise you in this storm
by casting crowns

i was sure by now
that you would have reached down
and wiped our tears away
stepped in and saved the day
but once again, i say, "amen", and it's still raining

as the thunder rolls
i barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
i raise my hands and praise the God who gives
and takes away

i'll praise You in this storm
and i will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where i am
every tear i've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
i will praise You in this storm

i remember when
i stumbled in the wind
You heard me cry
You raised me up again
my strength is almost gone
how can i carry on
if i can't find You

i lift my eyes unto the hills
where does my help come from?
my help comes from the Lord
the maker of heaven and earth


two years later i am left with not only the memories of how much pain i endured, but with permanent nerve damage and pain that will stay with me for the duration of my life. but i am so blessed with a precious son who is a constant reminder to me that my God, my Father, loves me and will never leave me alone. his smile, so charming and contagious, is a reminder to me that my God works all things together for good for those who are called according to His purpose. his sweet little hand inside of mine, reminds me that my Father has a plan for me. and the memory of my pain, though it fades with time, reminds me that my Savior endured pain to bring me life eternal.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Tina,
I love your new blog...As much as I dreaded facebook, it was your constant postings on myspace of "facebook is more fun" that finally made me go to facebook...and oh the fun I have had there.
I have been blogging here over a year now..just gives you the chance to write it all down...
It is amazing for me to be able to go back and look over the past blogs and see how far I have come.
Take care girl,
Rachelle

Tina Martin said...

hey Rachelle! i just saw this comment. i'm still learning the whole blog thing. i'm glad you're enjoying facebook. it's so addicting, but provides a great way to keep in touch with friends. i think it's helped me grow even closer to friends i see regularly. it helps give you a more daily insight into the lives of your friends.

i know i will cherish the blogs in the years to come. i hope that my kiddos will too. and now i'm off to view yours!

love to you!

Post a Comment